Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- I hereby assign to the Hellenic Aviation Society (based in Triaena Business Center, 15, Mesogeion Avenue, 115 26, Athens , Greece) the Copyright in the article identified above (government authors not electing to transfer agree to assign a non-exclusive licence) and any supplemental tables, illustrations or other information submitted therewith that are intended for publication as part of or as a supplement to the article in all forms and media (whether now known or hereafter developed), throughout the world, in all languages, for the full term of Copyright, effective when the article is accepted for publication in the Journal of Air Transport Studies. This transfer includes the right to provide the article in electronic and online forms and systems.
- I understand that I retain or am hereby granted (without the need to obtain further permission) rights to use certain versions of the article for certain scholarly purposes, as described and defined below and that no rights in patents, trademarks or other intellectual property rights are transferred to the Journal of Air Transport Studies. The retained rights include the right to use the pre-print manuscript for personal use, internal institutional use and for scholarly posting; and the published journal article for personal use and internal institutional use.
- The article I have submitted to the Journal of Air Transport Studies is original, has been written by the stated authors and has not been published elsewhere.
- The article is not currently being considered for publication by any other journal.
- The article contains no libellous or other unlawful statements and does not contain any materials that violate any personal or proprietary rights of any other person or entity.
- I have obtained written permission from copyright owners for any excerpts from copyrighted works that are included and have credited the sources in my article.
- If the article was prepared jointly with other authors, I have informed the co-author(s) of the terms of this Publishing Agreement and that I am signing on their behalf as their agent, and I am authorized to do so.
The data collected from registered and non-registered users of this journal falls within the scope of the standard functioning of peer-reviewed journals. It includes information that makes communication possible for the editorial process; it is used to informs readers about the authorship and editing of content; it enables collecting aggregated data on readership behaviors, as well as tracking geopolitical and social elements of scholarly communication.
This journal’s editorial team uses this data to guide its work in publishing and improving this journal. Data that will assist in developing this publishing platform may be shared with its developer Public Knowledge Project in an anonymized and aggregated form, with appropriate exceptions such as article metrics. The data will not be sold by this journal or PKP nor will it be used for purposes other than those stated here. The authors published in this journal are responsible for the human subject data that figures in the research reported here.
Those involved in editing this journal seek to be compliant with industry standards for data privacy, including the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) provision for “data subject rights” that include (a) breach notification; (b) right of access; (c) the right to be forgotten; (d) data portability; and (e) privacy by design. The GDPR also allows for the recognition of “the public interest in the availability of the data,” which has a particular saliency for those involved in maintaining, with the greatest integrity possible, the public record of scholarly publishing.